I’ve been digging around lately, looking for some standard email open rates and click-through rates to compare my own projects against. There are obviously so many variables in every campaign that it’s hard to compare apples to apples (the data is normally only as specific as comparing fruits to vegetables). But I did run across the links below that are quite useful.
The long and short of it is this:
- Average open rate across the board seems to hover at 22%.
- Click-through rate varies wildly, but circles in around 3.5%.
- No industry suffers from more than an average 0.85% unsubscribe rate.
Email Open Rate, Click-Through Rate Resources
- Email Marketing Benchmarks for Small Business: this is an excellent and rather comprehensive list of stats by industry, provided by MailChimp.
- All About Email Open Rates: a very handy little page that explains how to calculate open rate and some broad numbers, provided by CampaignMonitor.
- The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing: Blue Sky Factory put this little gem together. It’s a great first step when wanting to go deeper into your own email marketing.
I myself am trying to stay consistent for a change with my own email marketing. My goal is to offer small biz folks and entrepreneurs practical tips and a free resource every 14 days or so. Sign up now if that’s sounds interesting to you. Here are the stats from my last campaign as a comparison to all the great data we’ve seen above:
- Open Rate: 56%
- Click-Through Rate: 9%
- Unsubscribe Rate: 1.4%
Don’t let the numbers fool you; my list is small right now and so I wouldn’t put much stock in the stats. But it’s certainly a benchmark.
How do you improve your opens and click-throughs? What piece of advice has made the most difference for your email marketing?
You’ll automatically be notified whenever something new is posted.
This article was originally posted at http://www.marketinginprogress.com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.